Remodeling your home or business is a fun and exciting time. However, if you have never worked with a construction contractor before, then it can be a little intimidating learning about the process. There’s no need to worry, though. Many remodeling companies have developed distinct processes that make property improvement as hassle-free and straightforward as possible. Here’s what you can expect when working with a professional contractor.
1) Initial Consultation: It all begins with the first call. You will request an estimate, and a representative will speak to you about your project. Here, you can talk about your project goals, and the company will help you lay out a basic scope of the project. You will also receive a general estimated project cost, ensuring what you want aligns with your budget.
2) Site Visit: You and the contractor will arrange an on-site appointment. The contractor will visit your home or place of business, and you will discuss your project in greater detail. It is common for the contractor to take pictures of the proposed project area and take measurements at this time.
3) Estimate: The estimate process is the time where your contractor will define the total project cost. This step takes a few weeks. Your contractor will propose the estimate. If you agree to the terms, you will put down a deposit, and the contractor will begin drawing up plans, selecting materials, and applying for permits.
4) Contract: The contract defines what the contractor and their company will do for you. It sets the timeline for the project and also details the project specifications and expectations. Once you sign the contract, construction will begin.
5) Construction: Construction is where your project ideas get put into practice. During this time, the contractor and construction teams will prepare the site and execute the project according to the contract. During this time, the construction company maintains open communication and will provide updates about the status of the project.
After the construction phase, you will get to look over the results and request changes. Quality Austin remodeling companies will work hard to ensure the client gets what they want. Therefore, the project is not complete until you say so.